Cristine Beckwith is the owner of Beckwith Law. She is exceptionally qualified to provide strong representation to clients facing a wide range of criminal charges.
Cristine began her career as a Deputy Prosecutor for Pierce County. During her time as a Prosecutor, Cristine realized that her passion was not for building cases against people.
Her desire to fight for people accused of a crime caused her to change direction and focus on criminal defense. As a result, Cristine knows the legal system from both sides and can create opportunities that other attorneys often do not explore.
Cristine has been a criminal defense attorney since 2004 and established Beckwith Law in 2007. At Beckwith Law, each client receives personalized attention and an aggressive defense.
The majority of Cristine’s clients are charged with misdemeanor and felony crimes in the courts of Pierce County and King County. Her experience working with prosecutors and judges in these courts can result in faster and more favorable resolutions.
For the convenience of her clients, Cristine has office locations in downtown Tacoma and downtown Seattle.Criminal & DUI Trial Experience
- Lead attorney on thousands of criminal & DUI cases
- Lead counsel on over 30 criminal & DUI jury trials
- Mentored several attorneys on how to defend clients at jury trial
- Instructor of a continuing legal education course for lawyers
- Authored hundreds of legal briefs related to criminal law
- Co-Author of the book "Trends in DUI Discovery" (Thomson Reuters, 2013)
- Deputy Prosecutor for Pierce County
- District Court Defense Attorney for Pierce County
- VP of Board of Advisors, Gonzaga University School of Law
- Law Review Editor
- Rated "Superb" by Avvo, an independent lawyer rating service
- Rated "A" by the Better Business Bureau of Western Washington
- 2012 Clients' Choice Award for Criminal Defense
- 2013 "Thought Leader" - Westlaw Publishing
- 2014 "Top 100 Trial Lawyer" - The National Trial Lawyers Organization
- Washington State Bar Association
- Pierce County Bar Association
- Licensed in Federal Court
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Association of Private Practice Lawyers and Attorneys
Juris Doctorate, Gonzaga University School of Law
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, University of Washington